How to Record a Webinar: 3 Ways
Today, in the age of digital technology, many people receive education remotely. All communication with the teacher takes place via the Internet: messengers or webinars.
You can always return to the chat, but how to record a webinar to watch it again later? In addition, it is not always possible to attend online classes, so is it possible to schedule a recording of the webinar?
In this article, we will describe several ways to record webinars for free. The choice is yours!
Record a webinar with Icecream Screen Recorder
This webinar recorder allows you to make high-quality video recordings of classes and lectures. The program is equipped with all the tools you need for this, does not take up much space on your PC's hard drive, and is simple and easy to use. It also has a built-in video editor to quickly improve your recordings retroactively.
So, get the screen recorder on your PC and follow the step-by-step guide on how to record a webinar below.
- Enter the meeting and open full-screen mode for the best picture quality. Press the Capture Video button on the screen recorder control panel and select full screen recording (you can set the monitor if you have more than one) or a custom area (if you want to select a specific area). You can also press the F7 hotkey to enter video recording mode. A single click will switch to full screen recording mode.
- The recording toolbar appears. Press the Rec button to start recording. During video recording, you can pause it if there are breaks in your online activities. You can do this by pressing the F7 button on the keyboard or using the toolbar. Click Resume or F7 again to continue recording.
- Enable or disable audio and microphone recording, as well as webcam window. This can be convenient if you are a webinar presenter or if there is a discussion after the master class.
- At the end of the lesson, press the Stop button or the F8 key. A new window in which you can set the file name and video format will appear.
- Can perfectly schedule screen recording;
- Set the output video folder beforehand;
- User-friendly and understandable even to beginners interface that does not require further study;
- Possibility to record webinars in full screen;
- Flexible audio and video settings.
- Only records webinars on Windows.
How to record a webinar using Loom?
This is a small but interesting service that allows you to make recordings of the screen workspace and capture images from the camera/webcam. It works directly in the browser, so it is suitable for saving videos from webinars, lectures and so on. The toolkit is relatively small, but it easily performs its main functions. Follow the instructions to get started:
- Visit the Loom website and sign up: set your account, invite friends by mail or skip this step.
- Now install the extension into your browser. Click the plugin icon in the upper right corner of your browser or find it in the list of the extensions.
- Select the type of video recording. You can record the desktop and the stream from the camera, only the one or the other. For webinar recording select screen recording.
- Following a three-second countdown, recording will begin in the format you selected in the previous step.
- After you stop recording, you will be taken to the page with your files. You won't be able to download the video in free version, but you can share a link.
- Fast video recording in a few clicks;
- Does not require high technical performance of the PC;
- Works on almost all devices.
- Requires registration.
- In the free version, you can not record more than 5 minutes of lectures,
- In the free version, you can't download the video directly.
- Is only suitable for webinars that are in a browser, you can't record a Zoom, Skype or Microsoft Teams webinar.
How to record a webinar using ScreenRec?
ScreenRec is a simple desktop video recording program. It is commonly used for short-term video footage. The software installs on any platform and records without any problems. However, for professional screen recording, its functionality will not be enough. Follow the instructions to get started:
- Download the screen recording software from the official ScreenRec website to your PC, install and open it.
- In the settings panel, set the recording format you want. This may be video capture from the camera or desktop area, audio from the microphone or system sounds.
- Enter the webinar and open ScreenRec.
- Click the camera icon button on the screen recorder control panel, and then switch to full-screen mode to record the webinar.
- To finish, repeat the steps in reverse order. The files are saved in the cloud in MP4 format. To view files, you need to log in to the system. After that, the data will be available for download.
- Undemanding to PC characteristics;
- Suitable for Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Requires registration;
- Not that user-friendly in use.
We have reviewed the most popular ways to record a webinar on a PC using various programs and services. Of course, the choice is always up to the user, based on their needs, skills and complexity of the task. Icecream Screen Recorder saves the file right on your PC so you can access it whenever needed.