Best Video Editor Without Watermark: Top 15
Creating and editing a video today may be necessary for absolutely everyone, regardless of gender, occupation, or age. After all, everyone records videos at school, at work, at events, on vacations, etc. There comes the need for a video editor without watermark.
To process a video file and bring it to the next level, you will need an editor. Most of the programs apply watermarks to the output file automatically. However, this is obviously not what users want as they are preparing materials for a family celebration.
In this article, we are going to share the top 15 best free video editing software with no watermark.
How we tested no watermark video editors
To rate the chosen 15 video editors without watermarks, we looked at the following criteria:
- Toolkits and user-friendliness for both, professional users and beginners;
- System requirements in terms of RAM and free disk space to install the program;
- Compatibility with various operating systems.
We also evaluated based on the overall user experience and considered additional limitations, such as paid access to PRO features and others.
Free video editor without watermark: summary table
|Program||Extensive toolkit||Good for beginners||User experience||RAM needed||Major Advantage||Major limitation|
|Icecream Video Editor||+||+||Good||4-16 GB||Smallest free disk space needed (from 100 MB).||No macOS or Linux version.|
|VSDC||+||+||Fair||4-16 GB||Ability to burn videos to DVDs||Includes advertisements.|
|DaVinchi Resolve||+||-||Fair||2 GB||Nearly professional software available for free.||Difficult and overloaded interface.|
|Blender||+||-||Fair||8-32 GB||Works on creating 2D and 3D images.||System freezing and complicated interface.|
|Shotcut||+||-||Good||4-16 GB||User friendly interface.||May be difficult to learn.|
|Lightworks||+||+||Good||4-8 GB||Offers tips for beginners.||Premium access needed for pro tools.|
|OpenShot||-||+||Good||4-16 GB||Great for producing social media content.||No advanced features for professionals.|
|VideoProc Vlogger||+||-||Fair||1 GB||Includes a media library for easy file organization.||Not user-friendly for beginners.|
|Vimeo||-||+||Good||N/A||Offers library of stock images and videos.||Depends on the internet connection.|
|Kdenlive||+||-||Fair||4-16 GB||Named the best video editor for Linux.||Issues reported when working on Windows or macOS.|
|iMovie||-||+||Good||4 GB||Free app for macOS and iOS.||No support for other operating systems.|
|Canva||-||+||Good||N/A||Stock images and video clips.||Limitations apply with free account.|
|Windows Movie Maker||-||+||Fair||256-512 MB||Simple editor for novice users.||No support for OS other than Windows.|
|Active Presenter||-||+||Good||4-8 GB||Great for educational videos.||Limitations apply in the free version.|
|Chipchamp||-||+||Good||N/A||Great for creating social media videos.||Free access is only for 1 month.|
1. Icecream Video Editor
A simple yet powerful and functional video editor for Windows to create, modify, and export videos. This software will allow performing all the video editing with no watermark added. Incorporate videos, photos, GIFs, and audio files to produce unique content.
The functionality of this no-watermark video editor allows you to do cool complex things.
For example, overlay a soundtrack on a video and mute the scene's original audio. Crop and scale an image and trim a video and sound.
In addition, this program can speed up or slow down the playback right during editing. Add stickers with text to make catchy videos for your social media.
The picture-in-picture feature allows the user to add another clip to be streamed in parallel with the main one. This tool is often used by musicians and bloggers to edit their footage for video hosting sites.
- Free simple video editor without a watermark for PC with fast speed of conversion and content creation.
- Supports all the popular video and image formats such as MP4, AVI, WEBM, MOV, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.
- 20+ transitions and 10 motion effects for photos to create memory films and engaging content.
- Simple and extensive set of tools that even a beginner will understand.
- Project history helps to continue previous projects.
- This watermark-free video editor does not work on macOS.
Overall, if you are looking for the best video editing app for a PC without a watermark, Icecream Video Editor is your go-to choice. Combine media files, trim, crop, add music, titles, and transitions - this application does it all!
VSDC is a free no watermark video editor designed for first-time users. A simple and clear interface opens a lot of opportunities. Creation of educational presentations, demonstration clips, and diagrams.
The editor works with most popular video file formats: AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, 3GP, and others. The toolkit is known for its handy Chroma Key feature and plenty of filters and effects you can apply to the scenes.
- Free and simple video editor with an intuitive interface.
- H265/HEVC codecs support.
- Compatible with all recent versions of Windows, including 32-bit ones.
- Video editor without a watermark but with ads.
For convenience, the video editing software without watermark has functions to convert files and burn them to a DVD. This is something that many video editors do not do anymore. Overall, VSDC Free Video Editor could be a good app to start learning video editing basics.
3. DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve is video editing software without a watermark that allows you to edit your media content in fairly high quality.
This video editor is overloaded with features - trim, merge, crop videos, and more. Color correction tools, sound processing, and visual effects help users improve their video material and carry it to a professional level.
Users of this no-watermark video editor can open up the possibilities of grading, working with animations, graphics, and sound processing.
Along with the option to collaborate on videos, it becomes a great software for professional visual artists.
- This video editor is free and no watermarks are added.
- The app's speed of work is accelerated by specialized modules.
- Impressively large set of editing tools.
- An overloaded interface can cause difficulties for video editing beginners.
In summary, DaVinci Resolve is one of the best free video editors with no watermark. Anyone can install this software on their PC or laptop and begin the fun journey of video editing.
Blender is an open-source free video editor with no watermark that was initially developed for creating 3D images. The latest versions are capable not only of creating virtual three-dimensional images but also of video editing without watermarks, generating animations, and visual effects.
Users can take advantage of GPU-, VR-, and CPU-rendering capabilities. The program also supports PBR shaders and HDR lighting. All are extremely useful for highly skilled users.
- The free video editing software with no watermark applied but has great capabilities.
- Supports all stages of image processing, from creating objects in 2D and 3D.
- Great video editor for Windows and all other desktop operating systems.
- Video editing is done in a single module.
- High PC load. Users with weak technical equipment may face problems of system "freezing".
- This video editor without a watermark for PC is too difficult for beginners.
All-in-all, Blender is indeed a candidate to be the best free video editor that can export videos without a watermark. However, it is definitely more suitable for 2D and 3D artists rather than for a TikTok or YouTube blogger.
Shotcut is a no-cost video editor without a watermark that will help you make remarkable videos with an array of tools and effects. All the basics are included - trim, split, zoom in and out, detach audio from video, etc.
The app offers a variety of capabilities including tools to speed up and slow down a video, real-time playback, color correction, and more. It even has cutting-edge features such as Chroma Key and video stabilization.
- Friendly user interface with the ability to customize tool panels.
- A video editor with free no watermark features for macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- The software is regularly updated with new features and bug fixes.
- This program may be hard to learn for beginners.
With Shotcut free no watermark video editor, you can export your videos in almost any format. It supports the majority of video, audio, and image formats. You can adjust resolution and frame rate settings for optimal quality. You can also compress the file size or convert it into different formats if needed.
Lightworks is a powerful professional video editor without a watermark that is featured with a highly intuitive interface. The set of free tools is enough for basic video editing, while the advanced features are a part of the premium subscription.
The feature to synchronize recording of web cameras and multiple video outputs will be handy for content creators and social media influencers. In addition, the application offers built-in stock videos and images, and tutorials that show how to use this free video editing software without watermarks.
- Large set of tools and functions for superior video production.
- Video editor for Windows, iOS, and other operating systems, cross-platform.
- There are no video file length limitations.
- Video editor with tips and guides for beginners.
- Available only after registration and authorization.
- Requires a premium version to unlock additional functionality.
Although Lightworks is not a completely free video editor with no watermarks, it is still worth giving a try to explore its functionality. The variety of free instruments will satisfy the needs of anyone needing video editing affordable software.
OpenShot is non-proprietary and, thus, completely free video editing software with no watermarks. This approach of the developers makes the program more flexible in settings.
This free video editor offers all the most needed features and options that are presented via a neat and not overloaded interface. The instruments offered are scaling, Chroma Key, audio processing, and many more.
- Suitable for processing short clips, e.g., for uploading to social networks.
- Free video editing software for Windows, Apple, and other operating systems.
- Simple interface and constant updates.
- High CPU load during file conversion.
- No advanced video editing instruments.
Overall, OpenShot is a free no-watermark video editor that provides all standard instruments for the users. Above all, the latest versions of the software have hardware acceleration to reduce the application's performance time.
8. VideoProc Vlogger
VideoProc Vlogger is a robust free video editing software without watermarks with intuitive tools tailored to let users edit videos and process them.
It provides features like 4K video conversion and support for over 370 output formats. Plus, its advanced editing tools facilitate the creation of professional-looking videos quickly and efficiently. This program also supports direct uploads to YouTube and Vimeo.
- The watermark-free video editor supports various input formats including AVI, VP9, HEVC, MOV, MP4, and more;
- It has an integrated media library where users can organize and store videos for quick access later on.
- Not all users will find this software easy to use.
VideoProc Vlogger is a great solution for those seeking a comprehensive video editor without any watermarking that will not strain their budget. With its powerful capabilities and its support for multiple input formats and outputs, it is sure to satisfy all the major video editing needs.
It is a great choice for people who want to quickly create or edit videos without needing any special software. However, keep in mind that to be able to access the free video editing software with no watermark, you will have to create an account with the platform.
- Web-based free and simple video editor without watermark access.
- A straightforward and intuitive platform that anyone can use.
- Offers all the basic instruments that can be used when producing content on the go.
- Provides stock images and videos to incorporate into projects.
- This video editor with no watermark requires a good stable internet connection to perform well.
- All files have to be uploaded to the web which may slow down the working process.
The video editor with free no watermark access also allows you to share your finished videos on social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also embed the video in a website or blog post using the provided code.
Kdenlive is an open-source video editor with no watermarks added. It is a cross-platform program for producing eye-catching videos in 4K and HD resolution. The intuitive user interface facilitates use for both novices and experienced users.
The app offers tools such as trimming, merging video, muting and adding audio, and other video editing basics. The advanced features include Chroma Key, masking, audio mixing, title templates, and more.
- The free video editing software with no watermark supports a variety of formats.
- Provides access to professional features that are often only available in paid apps.
- Offers lots of educational tutorials on the program's website.
- When users employ this app on Windows or macOS computers, stability issues are reported.
- The video editor without a watermark for PC may be too complex for novice users.
Ultimately, Kdenlive is a great option for any individual who requires a free video editor without a watermark that provides nearly pro tools to work with. Especially for Linux users, as the program best performs on this operating system.
iMovie is a free video editing software for Mac that is preinstalled on iMacs, Macbooks, iPads, and iPhones. It is capable of working with files of up to 4K resolution. Users of the watermark-free video editor can add titles, speed up and slow down playback, and use filters and effects for transitions.
- Syncing projects across devices.
- Standard set of tools and features to create a fairly high-quality video.
- Compatible exclusively with iOS version 14 and above, as well as macOS.
- This no-watermark video editor does not provide professional features to edit videos.
For Apple users, iMovie is the best free video editor without watermarks as it is created for Macs specifically. Additionally, many will find the design of this free video editing software for Mac neat and appealing.
Canva is a powerful online video editor - free and no watermarks added. It is quite popular among professional artists who produce digital content.
Thanks to the variety of templates, the service allows users to easily create videos for social networks, video hosting, and other purposes. Also, this free video editor without watermarks processes the content at an impressively high speed.
- Different templates to fit formatting needs of social media platforms - Instagram Reals, TikTok Video, LinkedIn Video Ads, and more.
- The stock library allows to add text to a video or incorporate pictures and clips for creating professional-quality content.
- Free video editing software with no watermark with a pleasant and well-thought-out interface.
- Certain elements of the media library are only available with Pro access.
- The platform was not designed for video editing specifically, therefore the toolkit is limited.
Canva has a decent selection of tools and effects that enable users to customize their videos. From simple transitions to complex motion graphics, Canva has everything you need. This is certainly one of the best free video editors for working on the web.
13. Movie Maker
The editor was designed to merge videos, change the duration of the clip, trim unnecessary fragments, and more. The app is great for processing media downloaded from popular video streams, hostings, and social networks. It works with AVI, MKV, MP4, MPG, and other file formats.
- Free simple video editor with a straightforward interface.
- The software that is already pre-installed in Windows OS.
- Does not require high PC performance.
- Lacks advanced options.
- Free video editing software for Windows operating system only.
- Users report problems exporting files when using the free version.
Windows Movie Maker may be easily the best free video editor without watermarks for a quick tune-up, which is very easy for beginners. Windows users should definitely take advantage of the default application on their computer.
14. Active Presenter
Active Presenter is a powerful free video editor with no watermark that gives users the ability to make high-quality videos and presentations.
It is ideal for creating online tutorials or lectures thanks to its screen recording feature. The toolkit includes fundamental editing instruments like cutting, cropping, and rotating videos. It also offers some advanced tools, such as audio mixing, transitions, and effects.
- The best free video editor without a watermark for producing educational materials.
- Relatively easy to learn how to use and can be used by inexperienced users.
- The built-in library includes royalty-free audio clips and stock images which can serve to enhance videos.
- This no-watermark video editor requires a high-performing device to work on.
- The free version has limitations to certain editor's features.
Overall, by taking advantage of Active Presenter’s abundant resources, users can simply produce exquisite videos. The video editing software without a watermark also supports multiple formats so users can export their projects in a variety of file types.
Chipchamp is another easy-to-use online video editor without a watermark that lets you create outstanding videos. It is perfect for those who aspire to craft polished videos without expending a lot of time or money.
You can import video, audio, image, and GIF files. Editing options include tools to add music, edit the length of clips, merge or rorate videos, and even apply special effects. The app also offers advanced features like text-to-speech AI voiceover and audio editing.
- Great online tool to create outstanding social media content.
- Simple and self-explanatory interface suitable even for newbies.
- Can be used for free only for the 1-month trial period.
- No support for browsers other than Edge or Chrome.
Overall, even though Clipchamp is online free for a month, it is a good tool for editing content on the web without additional software installation. Plus, the no-watermark video editor also gives access to stock assets that include videos, photos, audio, and filters.
Video editor without watermarks: FAQ
- What is a watermark?
- A watermark is an image or text embedded into a digital file. It is usually used to protect the work from copyright infringement. This overlay typically includes the name of the owner, copyright notice, or logo. A watermark can also contain an encoded message that identifies the owner and prevents unauthorized reproduction. The use of watermarks has become increasingly popular in recent years due to the rise of digital piracy and its effect on media owners.
- Why do video editors add a watermark?
- Video editors incorporate watermarks for a variety of reasons. It helps to identify the creator of the video and also serves as a type of branding. Another important reason why placing watermarks by video editors is to help build their audience. In this case, users' video plays the role of natural advertisements to promote the software. As such, many video editors use watermarks as part of their branding strategy. Many video editing applications add a watermark to the content produced for free. It is done to encourage users to purchase paid versions of a no-watermark video editor.
- Is there any free video editing software with no watermark?
- Video editing is an excellent way to generate and sharing memories. But sometimes, when using free video editors, the final product has an ugly watermark displayed on it. This can be very frustrating, especially if you are hoping to share your work with others. Fortunately, there are free video editors with no watermarks that offer nearly professional experience. Many work just as great as expensive advanced video-producing programs. This article offers 10 suggestions of such editors.
- Can I place my own watermark on a video?
- Placing a watermark on your video can be an effective way of protecting your work. It is a good method for infusing branding into any video content created. Find software that provides such instruments or utilize text-add or image features of the free and simple video editor.
Now we have covered some of the best free video editors with no watermarks. Before choosing, users should decide what they expect from the program. Will it be a free simple editor with little functionality or the best video editing app for a PC without watermarks out there? Are you looking for free video editing software for Mac, Windows, or another operating system? Check out the suggestions and see which one you like the most. The choice is yours.